WHAT IS “COOKIE” ?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. These files contain your IP address, login information, pages you access, etc. data is stored. Cookies do not contain data such as first and last name or address. Thanks to cookies, your website preferences can be remembered, your session can be kept open, or you can be presented with the content you are interested in.
For detailed information about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies are divided into different types according to criteria such as their storage time on mobile devices and by whom they are placed. The basic distinction within the scope of these criteria is as follows:
▪ Session Cookies/Persistent Cookies:
Session cookies are temporary cookies and are deleted from the device after closing the browser. The main function of these cookies is to ensure that the website functions properly. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, remain on the device until they are deleted by the visitor or expire after closing the browser. Persistent cookies allow sites to remember what you prefer when you come back. For example, if you choose to read in German the first time you visit the site, it will automatically appear in German the next time you come back to the site. Not always having to choose a language preference makes it more convenient, efficient, and user-friendly for you.
▪ First-Party/Third-Party Cookies: First-party cookies are cookies placed on the device by the visited website operator. Third-party cookies, on the other hand, are cookies placed on the device and controlled by people other than the visited website operator.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
TBYM, uses different types of cookies in accordance with the Personal Data Protection and Processing Policyi.
Mandatory cookies: These are technical cookies that enable the website to function correctly and allow you to use its features. They are in the session cookie category. If these cookies are blocked, it will result in the inability to use the website features. The consent of our visitors is not required for the use of mandatory cookies.
to stay out of the scope of Google Analytics.
Functionality Cookies: When you visit the website again, your language preferences, region selection, etc. allows it to be remembered.
Targeting/Advertising Cookies: TBYM uses different first-party and third-party cookies for targeting and advertising purposes on its website. It is possible to block these cookies by changing your browser settings. These cookies can be used to find out what interests you may have in general, such as the websites you visit and the products you buy. This can also help us understand things about you, such as your age, marital status, and how many children you may have. This data allows us to send you ads for products and services that better match what you like or need. They also allow us to limit the number of times you see the same ad.
Social Media Plugins: Various social media plugins have been integrated into the TBYM website and mobile application. When one of the integrated social media buttons is clicked, some of your information is shared with social media providers. If you are simultaneously logged in to the social media account or social media cookies are saved in your browser, the social media provider can recognize your visit on our website or mobile application and display these activities on your social media profile.
Even if you do not have an account on a social network (e.g. Facebook), log in to the provider of the plugin or click on the plugin, it is possible for social media providers to save information such as the URL or IP address of a visited website.
In order to prevent social networks from associating your visit to the TBYM website with your user accounts, you must log out of your user account before visiting our website.
HOW CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES?
It is possible to personalize or completely block cookies by changing the settings of the browser you use. You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our sites or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies each time you finish browsing. You can find detailed information on the steps to be followed for different browsers from the links below:
To manage cookie preferences in other browsers, you can review the help or support page of the relevant browser.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
▪ As a data owner, by applying to TBYM;
▪ ▪ Learning whether your personal data is processed or not,
▪ ▪ If your personal data has been processed, requesting information about it,
▪ Learning the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used in accordance with the purpose,
▪ ▪ Knowing the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred, at home or abroad,
▪ ▪ Requesting correction of your personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and requesting notification of the transactions made within this scope to the third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
▪ Requesting the deletion or destruction of your personal data in the event that the reasons requiring it to be processed disappear, although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the Law No. 6698 and other relevant laws, and requesting that the transactions carried out within this scope be notified to the third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
▪ ▪ Objecting to the emergence of a result against you by analyzing your processed data exclusively through automated systems,
▪ ▪ You have the right to demand the compensation of the damage in case you suffer damage due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.
If you submit your requests regarding your rights listed above to TBYM in accordance with the application procedures stipulated in the Communiqué on Application Procedures and Principles to the Data Controller, TBYM will finalize your request free of charge as soon as possible, depending on its nature, and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest. However, if the transaction requires an additional cost, TBYM may charge the fee in the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
You can find more detailed information on the processing of your personal data and ensuring data security by TBYM in the Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy published on our corporate website.